Not all building and remodeling projects fit within a predetermined package.
Our Custom Rebates program may work for you if you are:
- Looking for new or innovative ways to reduce energy demand
- Combining more than one type of high-efficiency equipment to make improvements
- Considering a project that is process related
- Implementing upgrades which are not eligible for the Prescriptive Rebates program.
Before purchasing or installing a project, please consult Alliant Energy to establish baseline information and calculate your estimated incentive.
Incentives based on a percentage of annual energy dollar savings.
The program requires a minimum payback after incentive. This is referred to as “Net Payback” in the formula below. Annual energy dollar savings are equal to the estimated savings you will see on your utility bill.
Annual energy dollar savings are equal to the estimated savings you will see on your utility bill. If additional energy-consuming equipment is installed in the facility, the savings from any given project may not be apparent on your utility bill.
For a retrofit or replacement project, the baseline used to calculate a Custom Rebate is generally the energy usage for the equipment being replaced. Energy dollar savings for retrofit and replacement projects are actual savings as calculated within the following guidelines:
- New equipment must meet minimum efficiency levels and be pre-approved by Alliant Energy.
- Savings resulting directly from reduced production or shutdowns are not eligible.
- The baseline for replacing in operable or worn equipment is the energy consumption of the equipment in its original condition.
- Projects must demonstrate permanency or sustainability of savings.
- Savings when production levels change shall be calculated based on a per-unit energy consumption before and after implementation.
The baseline for new construction Custom Rebate projects varies by equipment type.
Contact Alliant Energy’s Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT (1-866-255-4268) to get started or for more information.