There are two New Home Construction rebate package options available in Minnesota: the ENERGY STAR qualified home (requires a HERS rating) and the Alliant Energy Builder Option Package (BOP).
|ENERGY STAR Qualified Home||Rebate|
|Heating and cooling customers||$3,500|
|Heating only customers||$2,450|
|Cooling only customers||$1,500|
|Geothermal customers||$1,500 plus additional geothermal rebate|
Download ENERGY STAR Qualified Home Claim Form
|Alliant Energy Builder Option Package (BOP)||Rebate|
|Heating and cooling customers||$2,000|
|Heating only customers||$1,400|
|Cooling only customers||$600|
|Geothermal customers||$1,000 plus additional geothermal rebate|
Download Builder Option Package (BOP) Claim Form
- Homes must be completed within three years of the construction start date.
- ENERGY STAR qualified homes are required to meet the criteria of ENERGY STAR version 3.0.
- Rebate amounts will be prorated for homes less than 1,800 square feet in size.
- Properties receiving a HERS rating must submit a copy of the fuel summary report, ENERGY STAR checklists and HERS certificate.
- Rebate to builder, homeowner, or any combination must be specified on the claim form.
How do I apply?
Your homebuilder will complete the rebate form after your home is completed. Discuss rebate allocation with your builder before construction begins.
How do I find a qualified dealer?
Visit our online Dealer Locator to find a professional in your area.